There has been a Danish Church in London since 1696, when the community built their first church on Wellclose Square near The Tower. During the Second World War and in the years up until 1952, Danish services were held in the Swedish Church in Harcourt Street as well as in St. Clement Danes.
In 1867 the “Danish Seaman’s Church in Foreign Harbours” was established. In London the Danish Seaman’s Church has existed for many years in different locations. The last independent building of the Seaman’s Church was functional until 1985.
Since then both of the two Seaman's pastors work at the Danish Church in Regent’s Park. The church was built in 1827 as a chapel for a Charity institution and named after Saint Katharine – a name that has been kept. In 1952 became the home of the Danish Church and was thoroughly renovated.